VMCAS Coursework Entry Service

If you do not wish to enter all of your coursework yourself, VMCAS now offers all applicants the option to have coursework professionally entered on their behalf by our specialists for an additional fee. VMCAS coursework entry staff is available to enter U.S. undergraduate, graduate, post-baccalaureate, and doctorate coursework. Given the nature of  Trade/Vocational , and planned/in-progress coursework, this work is not eligible for coursework entry and you must therefore enter it yourself. If you would like to take advantage of the VMCAS coursework entry service, please review the details below:

Coursework Entry Service Fees

The cost for the VMCAS coursework entry service is $50 for 1-2 transcripts and $100 for 3 transcripts or more. Please note that these fees are for coursework entry only and are in addition to the regular VMCAS application fees.

The Coursework Entry Service Process

To apply for the VMCAS coursework entry service, please follow the steps below:

Start your VMCAS Application

Create a VMCAS Application so you will be given a VMCAS ID#.

List All Institutions Attended

REPORT ALL INSTITUTIONS you have received college-level credit from, including post baccalaureate, graduate, and professional institutions even if the courses are not required for admission or are listed as transfer credits on the transcript of another institution. Include non-degree programs (e.g., summer school), foreign institutions, and any colleges that granted you college credit for a course you completed as a high school student even if it was taken at your high school. For detailed instructions, please see the “Institutions Attended” section of our instructions.

Complete Any Coursework That We Cannot Enter

VMCAS cannot enter trade/vocational, planned/in-progress, or foreign coursework, so these MUST be entered prior to coursework entry service.

Select the Coursework Entry Option

On the “Coursework” section of your application, click the “Coursework Entry Service” button and select the schools you would like VMCAS to enter coursework for on your behalf.

Make Your Payment

Submit the service agreement and make your coursework entry payment. Payments must be made online via credit card ONLY. Payments may NOT be sent via mail.

Request Transcripts To Be Sent To VMCAS

VMCAS must receive all required transcripts before coursework entry can begin. Please review the “Transcripts” section of our instructions for details on how to properly provide VMCAS with your transcripts. Monitor your VMCAS application status menu to ensure your transcript is received. On average, it takes 7-10 business days for your transcript to post to your VMCAS application from the date it is mailed by your school. Once your application posts, it will be listed on your status menu with a date received.

Submit Your Application and ALL Required Materials

Before coursework entry can begin, your application must be MEETING VMCAS REQUIREMENTS. This means that you have submitted, paid, all transcripts have arrived at VMCAS, and at least one letter of recommendation has been completed.

Coursework Entry Begins

Once there requirements have been met, your application will be placed in line for coursework entry. Coursework entry will begin within 5 business days. Applications have their coursework entered on a first-come, first-served basis by the date on which they were first “Meeting VMCAS Requirements.”

Review Your Coursework Entry and Submit Your Approval

Once your coursework entry is complete, you will receive a notification. It is your responsibility to review the coursework entry for accuracy and approve the entry. Once you have approved the coursework entry, complete and submit your application. Your application will continue with normal verification.

VMCAS Coursework Entry Service Refund Policy

As stated in the Coursework Entry Agreement which you signed when submitting your coursework entry request, once payment has been made, NO REFUNDS will be given. It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit their school listing and other required coursework entry information correctly and to review all entered coursework and approve its accuracy prior to verification. VMCAS is not responsible for delays caused by errors to the coursework section. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to consider all turnaround times and make their best judgment regarding their deadline requirements when electing to utilize the coursework entry service. VMCAS is not responsible for missed deadlines as the result of coursework entry turnaround times.


Common Questions:
Expand All FAQ Questions

Q: If I select the coursework entry service, does my application still need to be verified?

A: YES. Coursework entry is intended to save you the time of having to enter coursework yourself, but it does not exempt your application from the verification process. Your application will still be placed in line for review by our verification staff and be subject to the 2-4 week turnaround time.

Q: If I select the coursework entry service, can my application still be undelivered for errors during the verification process?

A: YES. Coursework entry does NOT guarantee that errors will not be found and need to be corrected during the regular verification process.

Q: Can I choose to have some of my transcripts entered for me and enter the others myself?

A: YES. You can select how many transcripts you would like entered for you when you apply for coursework entry. Please note that some transcripts such as hospital, military, or other trade/vocational coursework are not eligible for coursework entry.

Q: Is there a fee waiver for the coursework entry service?

A: NO. Applicants who wish to utilize the coursework entry service are responsible for all coursework entry fees.